GYM MEMBERSHIP RULES
FIT Club Limited and it’s associated companies (“FIT CLUB”) maintains and enforces the following gym rules to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all of our members.
We reserve the right to terminate your Membership with immediate effect, refuse you entry to the club, or ask you to leave the premises, if you do not abide by these Membership Rules.
As a Member of FIT CLUB you agree to the following rules:
- You must be over 18 years old to get a full membership at Fit Club.
- All minors must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- We do accept 16-18 year olds but they are only allowed to train during restricted hours (Sales team hours).
- You must use your Access Card every time you enter the facility. Should you forget your card during sales staff hours, you must sign in at reception. If you forget your card outside of sales staffed hours then you are not allowed to train at the club.
- Your access card should be kept safe at all times and it should be reported to the club immediately if you have lost it or had it stolen. A replacement Access Card will cost £30 to activate.
- Do not let anybody in or out of the club especially as you enter and leave the premises. You must notify us immediately if somebody attempts to follow you in without scanning their card.
- You must attend an induction if you are a wheelchair user or are under 18 years old.
- It is advised that you strongly consider attending a gym induction, particularly if you are a first-time gym user, before using the gym for the first time as you are then more likely to achieve your goals (inductions can be booked via the website or web app).
- Please bring your own towel in to place on benches. Please wipe down machines after use, disinfectant and center feed roll are available from 3 points in the gym area, this will help make the gym space much cleaner and will stop the spread of germs.
- Do not take bags onto the gym floor.
- Do not make or receive phone calls on the gym floor.
- Do not take photographs or videos on the premises or post remarks or imagery to the internet that could identify another Member.
- Please re stack your weights and return items to their original and correct positions. Again thinking of the next person to use the gym who may not be able to lift a heavy weight from a bar or machine. With regards to attachments you are free to use all of the attachments on the functional trainer around the gym, but please return these to their original location so that the next member does not have to search for them.
- Be careful when walking behind the treadmills, cross trainers and close to any equipment around the gym as people may dismount in an emergency or a piece of equipment may protrude out during someone’s motions.
- Instructions are situated upon each machine, including start positions and end positions.
- You must NOT under any circumstances drop weights in any part of the gym for safety reasons and as a courtesy to our neighbours and other gym users.
- Do not leave your belongings in a locker when you are not on the premises. Lockers will be emptied if left over night and items inside given to charity or disposed of.
- Please use a locker to store your belongings when you are exercising valuables are left at the owners own risk. FIT Club takes no responsibilities for a members valuables.
- Please dress appropriately. Shirts and footwear must be worn at all times when exercising (denim, bare feet, flip-flops, boots or a bare torso are amongst the range of clothing choices that is unsuitable).
- Outdoor footwear is not permitted in the gym. Ensure that your footwear is clean before entering the club.
- Use the gym facilities and equipment in a proper manner and not in a way that might cause harm to yourself or others (just ask a member of staff if you are unsure).
- Not engage in any exercise activity that may be potentially harmful to you or others (this includes contact sports such as martial arts and boxing unless this is with one of our Personal Trainers).
- There are emergency stop cables on all of our treadmills, please ensure it is attached to you whilst using the machines, this will help prevent injuries.
- Cabled and pin loaded weights machines must NOT be released from any height and should be lowered softly. This is again for your safety and other gym users’ safety also.
- Please ensure you retain the correct posture, and movement whilst using our equipment, this will help decrease the risk of injury and will also allow you to exercise efficiently.
- Do not use, block or interfere with fire, emergency or disabled access doors or alarms (except in a genuine emergency).
- Do not behave in an aggressive, abusive, intimidating, anti-social or threatening manner or in a way that might cause distress to staff or Members.
- Please do not use any profanities, and be respectful in the gym.
- Do not obscure your face when using the entrance pods or on the gym floor (for example wearing a helmet, baseball cap or hoody).
- Do not undertake any commercial activities in the gym which includes conducting any Personal Training business with other Members.
- When leaving the club please be quiet and respectful to local residents, particularly out of hours.
- Please use any parking facilities provided in accordance with the rules that the parking provider posts and may change from time to time (if you get a parking ticket we are not responsible).
- Do not park your bicycle in an unsafe or inappropriate location.
- Please keep the club’s bathrooms in the same state that they were in when you arrived. Please think about the next member to use the facility, and ensure that you leave it in a state that you would not mind arriving to.
- Please do not leave rubbish around the gym. Put your litter in one of the bins we provide.
- Do not enter our premises whilst intoxicated.
- Do not engage in any type of criminal behaviour whilst on our premises.
- Do not sleep in on our premises.
- Do not cause damage to the premises, our or another Member’s property.
- Do not misuse the vending machines.
- Do not force entry to locked doors.
- Do not eat on the gym floor.
- We do have background music playing in the club; however, if you wish to listen to loud music you must use your own device with headphones so as to not disturb other members.
The club has ‘state of the art’, 24 hour remote video surveillance.
In the event of an emergency out of manager hours, please follow the following procedure:
- Panic Alarms are situated on pillars on each gym floor.
- If there is a situation in which you require assistance out of hours, please press the panic button as demonstrated.
- This will dial through to our 24 hour security monitoring center who will answer your call.
- IMPORTANT: this audio system is like a two way radio hence it is important you do not speak over each other.
- The monitoring unit will ask how they may assist you. When the unit has finished talking, inform them of the emergency situation.
- The monitoring unit will then contact the relevant services and dispatch the police, ambulance, fire, or security control unit.
- If you are the only person working out in the gym during unmanned hours you should keep a mobile panic button on your person in case of emergency; they can be used and kept with you whilst you train. These are situated on the front reception desk in the fish bowl during unmanned hours. Please return them back to the fish bowl after use. For your own peace of mind during unmanned hours you may wish to wear an emergency panic button even if a few other people are in the gym. These mobile panic buttons are there for your security and peace of mind.
PLEASE NOTE: our security systems are to be used for extreme emergencies or for when you feel endangered. Examples of when to use it are when there is an unconscious member in the club, or if the front door is broken. An example of when not to use it is when a piece of machinery is out of order, or if there is no soap in a bathroom. For a non-emergency the club should contacted during manager hours. It is extremely important you only use the panic alarm in emergency situations. Any misuse of any of our security systems may incur a penalty charge of up to £80 and/or an immediate ban from the club.